hot bath and pregnancy

so Im 37 weeks pregnant
the other day I took a hot bath
for the first half of the bath it was hot but nothing special

For the second part I emptied some of the water and refilled it because my body temp adjusted accordingly and the warm bath I was in before was no longer warm, it felt chilled, so I refilled it with even hotter water...I then realised it was really hot...I mean REALLLY hott

so It took me about 1-2 minutes to figure this out and I jumped out
the water in both cases came up about an inch or 2 above my pubic bone.

could something be wrong?

the baby moved like crazy that night, like usual, and every day since, but Im super worried...I will never do that again but now im really worried

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no dont be worried...i was the same way while pregnant and STILL am...i LOVE hot hot baths...to the point where it turns my skin red...i had asked the doc about it and he said your skin wont tolerate a hotter temp and you would know...he said i was fine and not to worry about the temp, but not to take baths too often because it actually can cause bladder infections!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am sure you are fine. I was nervous to take hot baths as well but when I went in labor with my first the nurse filled the tub up for me to relax it. It was so hot (I was shocked at how hot it was) and quite relaxing. I figured she knew what she was doing and have enjoyed taking hot baths with my other two pregnancies.
    Anonymous

• I take hot hot baths too, I love it. I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I asked my doctor why hot baths and hot tubs were bad and she said the main thing they worry about is you getting light headed and not getting enough oxygen. So I don't worry much about it, I just make sure I can breath, I usually keep the window open so the air is cooler.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 3:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009