Rush Limbaugh.

So, I know we have discussed this, but it was on the View this morning and I was so annoyed with both sides glossing over the truth and turning this into unfair practices. Who here agrees the Rush is controversial? Who here understands business? Who here realizes that the business partners only dropped him because they were worried about ticket sales being effected???

Yes he says crappy crap. So do other owners (partial owners at that). He just says it louder and more often and causes a divisive line between two sets of people. One that wouldn't buy tickets if his name was associated. It was strictly sales driven and both sides need to shush. No one lost or won.

And, yes, before you ask, I do feel better. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, but in this instance: we all know and either love or hate him. He is a polarizing figure. THAT is why he was dropped. It isn't some liberal agenda, and to pretend so is just wrong.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think if Al Sharptons racist butt can be apart of their "club" The so can Rush.

Example:
    He singles out Steve Pagones, a young prosecutor. Pagones is wholly innocent -- the crime never occurred -- but Sharpton taunts him: "If we're lying, sue us, so we can . . . prove you did it." Pagones does sue, and eventually wins a $345,000 verdict for defamation. To this day, Sharpton refuses to recant his unspeakable slander or to apologize for his role in the odious affair.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• He named New York prosecutor Steven Pagones specifically, calling him a racist and a rapist, among other accusations. It turns out the girl was lying and no evidence could be found on her person that anything happened to her. She was covering up for a party she went to that she wasn't supposed to be at.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Crissy, did you read what she said????? Good golly.

I agree with you OP. Business decisions are almost always unpopular with one side or another and usually have nothing to do with anything but money.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think it was smart on the business side only because it would of became a back lashing. Fair no, but that is business. I don't think it should matter at all who would of bid for the Rams. I think as long as the teams stays and improves that is all St. Louis cares about. And chances are if he was able to help bid on the team they had a chance of staying, Rush has a lot of ties to the St. Louis area. I think if Rush was a silent partner it would of been better all the way around.
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 2:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Did I ask for your opinion? Nope, sure didn't! So keep it to yourself! Yes, I read what she said. I know if Rush is controversial then Al Is too. SO I pointed it out that he should not be allowed to be involved in the NFL either. Pay attention.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ha ha that made me smile.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• His business partners dropped him after people said they would protest, Isn't that THEIR decision?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The reason this is a hot topic for many is that Rush was condemned as a racist because of quotes WHICH HE NEVER SAID !!

And news outlets spread the falsehoods without bothering to verify whether they were factual - the most basic of journalist rules.

When being ASKED to join the investment group, Rush himself pointed out that his presence could stir up trouble, but he was told not to worry about it, that it had already been approved by top NFL officials.

The one quote that he DID say about how a quarterback who was black was being praised by the media mostly because he WAS black, since his accomplishments were not THAT wonderful compared to other quarterbacks of whatever "color".

That's not racist - it is a comment on how racist the media were being !!

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

That;s not true, he said many racially charged things, including the one he got fired for about the Eagles Donovan McNabb (got fired from the NFL) ...He aslo likened the NFL to two rival gangs fighting without their guns......and talked of segragated buses...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009