HOW DO I GET MT 1 MTH OLD TO SLEEP IN HER CRIB, I NURSE & SHE IS PRACTALY ATTACHED TO ME !!

bella153

Asked by bella153 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the problem you're having is that she falls asleep at the breast and then wakes up (crying of course) as soon as you try to put her down in her crib, I've been there! I found that my son stayed asleep when I moved him from my breast to my shoulder (position to burp him), but would wake as soon as I tried to lay him down on his back. What helped was putting my hand on his chest, with some pressure, so that he didn't feel the change from shoulder to laying on his back (it would feel to him like he was still laying on my shoulder, if that makes sense). Then, SLOWLY, less and less pressing on his chest until I was able to take my hand off. If he started to wake, pressure back on, and he'd fall asleep again, and I'd wait a minute and then try slowly taking my hand off.
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 2:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Watch "The Happiest Baby on the Block". Dr. Karp's advice has my 6 week old sleeping for up to 5 hours in her crib.

Good Luck!
    elika_mama

Answer by elika_mama at 2:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree with last post, "happiest baby on the block" has some great techniques for soothing your baby back to sleep with simple steps, we were able to use them when my son was still a newborn, and he is now almost 4 months and he has been sleeping thru the night for about the past 6 weeks, it's great... he sleeps about 9 hours a night! and when he starts to rustle in the morning i'm able to coo him awake so he wakes up in a great mood... good luck!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• sorry i am bad had both my boys attached with no schedule to the breast for 3 years and the 2nd for 3 and 1/2 years, and they slept in the bed with us, because I would just roll over nurse, and fall asleep in the process. If you are able to get them in the crib, good for you. If you can't do not fight it because everybody loses. Well loses sleep that is. Trust me if they are in the bed with you it is not permanent. They are more secure at a younger age and won't have fears when they are on their own in their bed. Hope this helps. Then main thing is to all enjoy the bonding and the benefits of the nursing as well. Ok enough said here. good luck. Regards, Franny
    frannylorraine

Answer by frannylorraine at 8:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2009