Is it normal for your heart to feel like its "dropping" when your scared suddenly?

This has been going on awhile now, and either I never noticed it, or just wasnt being scared as often.
My husband just got done feeding our 10 month old son, had his high chair up, but he was still buckled in, I didnt know that at the time but looked out, and saw what looked like him almost falling out of his chair.. my heart totally sank, and felt like it dropped for a min, this also happens when we are in the car and stop fast with me not expecting it, etc.. is this normal? its only been happening since my son was born from what I can tell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• I know what you mean. Welcome to motherhood! The fear you feel for your child is more profound than your own fear.... hard to put into words but I just wanted to say that YES that is how it feels for me too (and YES only for my kids....) Mother love is a powerful thing!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009