Question about fatigue...Please help!

I am 35 weeks pregnant with my first baby and need some advice. I have been walking daily until about 33 weeks when I began to feel excessively tired by simple tasks like grocery shopping or walking around the mall. I started to rest more and cut back on the walks and on my housework. Now today I was cooking breakfast and began to feel so tired that when I was finished cooking I had to lay down for a half hour until I felt normal again. I have been taking iron supplements and for a couple of days I had a little more energy but today I feel totally wiped out. So tired that I am almost dizzy, seeing stars, and need to sit down. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I am concerned that if cooking breakfast for 3 people wipes me out this much how will I fare when it comes time to push my baby out. I don't want to be too exhausted and then have issues delivering naturally.

PainFreeMama

Asked by PainFreeMama at 2:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, Im not sure if its normal, but it happened to me. It could be because of weight gain, lack of certain food groups or minerals, or it could be you are just plain tired! Take it easier than you have been, if you can. And no worries about having enough energy to push the baby out. Of course youll be exhausted, but youll have the energy.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• it could also be from the baby dropping into your pelvic area. mine dropped around 32 weeks and i'm 38 weeks now. it's really annoying to walk around cause i know i look funny waddling and i can't walk very fast ( i used to walk so fast my hubby would complain) or it wipes me out for the rest of the day. just pace yourself. pick and chose the times when you get up and move aroud a lot. spread those times out.... also, the prenatals generally should help as well with any missing minerals and vitamins that you need.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009