Finally something right?

WASHINGTON - Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said today that the Obama administration is officially reversing the federal stance on medical marijuana, and ordering authorities not to arrest or charge any users and suppliers who conform to state laws.

In guidelines issued today, Justice Department officials are telling prosecutors and federal drug agents that they have more important things to do than to arrest people who obey state laws that allow some use or sale of medical marijuana.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/nationworld/sns-dc-medical-marijuana,0,3407173.story

I think it is about time!! This gives Obama a gold star from me, and trust me he is not in my good graces right now on any other matter. Even though this is a great move, was it about an election promise or just a way to raise his approval rating? No matter why he did, I am glad he did it.

What are your thoughts?

LilCaprica

Asked by LilCaprica at 2:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 3:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yay Obama!!!!! about time!

Answer by older at 3:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Whatever
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yeah...THIS is where the focus needs to be. THIS a decision that he is capable of making with some sort of speed but whether to send troops to support those already over there is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R. HC reform is all over the map and The admin is worried about bashing Fox News and marijuana. Yay for priorities.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yay Obama! God bless that man! (fucking idiot) Hey Obama make sure to do THAT, but hey those men and women overseas dying ah just send their parents a nice card, Jackass! Oh and you know all 46,000 eh ugh I mean 30,000 people dieing in our streets must not be that important anymore either eh?

Man Obama is the BEST president EVER! (thats sarcasm)
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• While I am glad this is is happening, I agree with Momof30404. I'd sure like to see him focus more on the WAR and less of marijuana.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This is about the first right thing I've ever heard of Obama doing.
    MEDICAL marijuana use is a lot better than a lot of harsher, chemical medicines with a whole list of horrendous side effects that require more chemical medications, with even MORE side effects--you see, where smoking or eating an HERB can gently and naturally take care of the problem without causing side effects.
    If people want to just toke out on the weed, I think they should be able to buy it at a licenced, taxed, regulated supplier, like buying booze at liquor stores.
    Anonymous

• I agree with all of you. It would be nice if he focused on more important issues. Hence, me stating "he wasn't in my good graces on any other matter."

I just wanted to point out that finally there was a win for those who use medical marijuana.....something i have felt very patiently about long before the war even began....
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 3:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• BS medical marijuana isn't only used for medical reasons. Those that puff the mighty dragon will find ways to smoke iit within the "medical" need. Just like all other conventional drugs, this one is out there also being abused. Creating havoc on lives. What a f"knin joke.
    Anonymous

• I agree with this decision. Can we focus on troops now? It's like he's tossing us treats or something!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009