allergic reaction?? possbily?? need help!!

my 18month old had a water-filled (maybe) blister type clear thing on the white part of his eye towards the corner of his eye, I wasn't sure how it happened but i did take him to the emergency room soon after and was put to wait for 2hrs, in those hours he had fallen asleep, he woke up and his eye was FINE. no bump or nothing, just looked irratated, slightly red from rubbing...IDK what the hell happened, but because there was more serious problems i had to wait to be seen (stupid ER) i then went home and next day took him to his pediatrician, they said he was fine..nothing wrong...IM LOST..wtf or how the hell did it get that way and disappear?? im still concerned about it because im afraid it will return, that night that it happened we were at my sisters and she has cats and birds and he was playing with the cats when he started to rub his eye is when i looked at it and saw that thing...anyone know what this was??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• You took your kid to the ER because of that? What a waste. My husband has gotten that several times and it may irritate his eye but it goes away quickly. PS- The ER will not be able to do ANYTHING about any eye problems. They might wash it out and will cover it and tell you to go to a specialist. Please people do not waste your or my money going to the ER for non emergency (blood, unconciousness, asthma etc) reasons
    Anonymous

• he might have had something caught in his eye temporarily, might have been an allergy of some kind. but since he is fine now, honestly I would not sweat it and though I think the first responder was rude, in all honesty taking your child to the ER for something like this is a bit extreme. it could have waited til the Dr office was open.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009