I've always wondered this.

This is probably a dumb question, but I just don't know the answer. I live on the east coast so when show's air, they first air at their time, 8:00pm, 9:00pm, 10:00pm, ect. So when it first airs on the east coast does it first air on the west coast? So like if a show airs at 9:00 tonight will it air at 6:00 there? Or do they have to wait until 9:00 their time to watch it, even though what happened is already probably spilled on the internet? Does this make sense? I've just always wondered this.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 2:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When it runs at 9:00 east coast, it runs at 6:00 west coast. It's at the same time, but earlier in the day for the west coast crowd.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• They all air at the same time, doesn't matter where you live I don't think.
    Anonymous

• Oh so that sucks for the west coast that everything comes on so early. I know most people are probably not even home from work yet and haven't eaten dinner and don't have the kids to bed yet. I guess its a good thing they came out with DVR/Tivo!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am so confused and had to read the other peoples answers just to figure out what we are talking about...lol
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

Not true.
    Anonymous

• Sorry amber710, I knew it sounded kind of confusing. I didn't really know how to word it to make sense. LOL
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• When we lived in Mountain Time (two hours behind East Coast) prime time shows started at 7 pm and the late news was at 10 pm. The way I understand most of the prime time shows (network tv, not cable/satellite) Eastern and Central run at the same time (we are watching at the same time, but it is 8 for Eastern and 7 for Central). Other than that, I'm not sure what time prime time shows run on the West Coast. And of coarse all the daytime shows are on at different times according to each local network station.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 3:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have lived in 3 of the 4 time zones.

Some things are different, but for prime time shows, if it airs at 8pm eastern, it will air at 7pm central... then an hour later, it will air at 7pm mountain.

When we lived in Colorado, I just ignored everything on the internet about it until it was over.

I would assume that those who live in pacific time would either get their primetime starting at 7 or 8pm their time.

By the way, that's one thing I hate about living on the east coast. Prime time isn't over until 11.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Most channels broadcast an east and a west. So, Eastern time and central time see one show, and mountain and pacific see one show.
    Anonymous