so what would a person say to this.....

my sister inlaw says "what? i cant visit/see MY BROTHER?" she says it when she puts up fits and doesnt get her way.

now, we plan on moving into a house thats close to her, we are remodeling it right now so we all have to live together in my MIL's house. (she's 30 and just natually never moved out). i cant act civil around her anymore and cant stand her because of her backstabbing and snoopy ways. i plan on not letting her take a step into my house and if she needed anything i'd just poke my head out and ask lol. so her favorite saying is "what? i cant visit my own brother?"

it drives me crazy she needs to stress out "my brother"...what do you say as a comback to something as stupid as that?

and he can choose if he wants to visit her cause we'd only be like 50 feet away. but my hubby agrees that she isnt allowed in our home.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if u spend the whole marriage having ur hubby deal with your in-laws then won't that make it just as easy to have them try and walk all over u cause u never say anything? anyway another question for another day... lol sorry so long any ways god luck again!!!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• let him deal with her
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• lol i could but she hates me more then "her brother" lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'd say "Sure you can, just not in our house." Then leave it at that, since he agrees she can't come to your house, have him deal with the tantrums.
    Anonymous

• if she says this directly to you, then say that is to your brother but i prefer to not have any conflict in OUR home, if she says it to your hubby and he has made it loud and clear that he has no intentions that he is allowing her into the home, then have him make the point clear that behaviour like that is not welcomed, (Try not to say anything until he does then she might try to tell him along with everyone else that u are driving a wedge between them!) I only say this cause i am going through the same thing but it is with my BIL and he is 16 lazy, has the worst attitude problem if i ask him to help me with anything, does not shower so he stinks, i mean really stinks not ok u smell like sweat, like close the door and still smell him, but anyway my MIL says the same thing... and why is it that if u ask advice or have a problem with the in laws ppl say have ur hubby deal with it? i mean yea u don't wanna get involved but
    con
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009