Are you only in it for the money or for both?

I don't like the job I have now, people aren't very nice and the job isn't what I was expecting but it pays good so I stay. The last job I had, I loved it and the money and my co-workers were the best. I never wanted it to end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Being around nice people at work is nice, but it is also nice to have extra than just enough paycheck to pay the bills.
    masipagwapa

Answer by masipagwapa at 3:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I hear ya! If only we could have it both ways. The only way you could accomplish that would be to get a management job and hire only who you want to! The problem with coming into a new place is you are always considered an "outsider". If anything goes wrong, they always look to you first. I would suggest, if you can do it, to just ignore them and make your money. You don't have to necessary like it- I like this expression:

"Fake it till you make it!!"

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I HATE my job. But I love the people I work with. The work sucks, and the upper management is ridiculous. Plus the politics in the job are astoundingly awful. But my immediate management and my coworkers are great. The pay is quite competitive for the field I am in, so that is nice too. But if I didn't need the money, I wouldn't keep the job. I would just hang out with my ex-co-workers on their days off.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009