Anyone know anything about Vyvanse?? It's a new ADHD med

This is a new medication that the doc prescribed to my son today. We r hoping that the side effects r diff than those of the Concerta and Medidate. Just wondering if anyone has thier child on this and what the diff is opposed to any other med they have taken

determind

Asked by determind at 3:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son has been on Vyvanse for almost 2 years and he is doing awesome on it. There are less side affects than anything else he has been on. His appetitie is better, he has gained weight and has grown in height too. He is less fidgety, less anxious. I am so glad that I asked his doctor about this medication, it was the best thing I did. My son was on Ritalin and Concerta.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I haven't heard of it, but I'm curious to hear what others have to say.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This is what my dd has started taking. She has been on it for three weeks. We have seen a huge improvement in focus and a lot less hyper activity.
    There has been side effets though. She has not been eating well-she has lost 5lbs. We are weighing her weekly. She gets VERY irritated in the evenings-I would say that it really does not cover the entire 12 hours that it is supposed to. My dd crashes around 5:30 or 6:00 in the evening. It also can cause insomnia so if your ds is not already taking melatonin I would ask your dcotor about trying him on it-it has been a blessing for our two. All kids are different so he my have no side effects at all these are just some that my dd has shown. I wish you and your ds all the best:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009