Pregnant & Appendix?????

My sister is 30 weeks pregnant & they think she may have to have her appendix removed because she has been hurting & her white blood cell count is low. She is going to get a CT scan. Anybody know if there is any dangers or harm to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. There is. My BF's cousins gf had went through this. Her dr's told her there is a possibility that she can lose the baby.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• There are risks with any surgery. There are risks of excessive bleeding, infection, and the biggest risk comes from the anesthesia. That being said, the good news is that appendectomies are very routine and very simple surgeries.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The ct scan is riskier than the actual surgery! They took mine out without being 100% sure, because they said the scan could cause fetal abnormalities, but there was less risk with the drugs for the surgery. I was able to have a laproscopic surgery, so that could be the difference. I had mine out while pregnant. I was out of the hospital within 12 hours.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I had mine out when I was 4 months preg. I was fine and so was baby.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009