Cats!!!

How do you keep your cat off your counters, tables..ect. Thanks.

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pets

• Anon 4:01 can you please let the adults talk for a moment? Jesus...

The best I've found is the spray bottle of water. I've also heard if you put a little double sided tape on the counter where they jump they'll won't jump there again because of tacky feeling on their paws but I don't know anyone who's used that one.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 4:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Good luck! You can try a spray bottle of water. I just clean the counter or table before we use it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• We also have a cat tower by the window that is way more fun than the table and counters. I think that helps keep the 3 adult cats and 2 foster kittens out of trouble.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My cat finally stopped when he reached around 6 years old and wasn't as frisky anymore. Nothing else helped.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• smack the shit out of them, don't let cats in your house, animals on the table is nasty unless it's dead and cooked
    Anonymous

• Anon..that is very disturbing..keep your comments to yourself!! And tables are washable moron! And animal abuse is illegal!
    Anonymous

• Deadheadjen, thanx for that suggestion!! My cat jumps on the counter at night and chews up my bills (I keep them in a drawer now)
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 10:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Grab them by the scruff and smack the shit out of them just like one said here!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Anon, you clearly don't understand anything about cats. They're not dogs and they don't understand that kind of negetive reinforcement. They won't equate being smacked with being on the counter. They'll just associate it with you and learn to hate you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009