Are there any educational advantages for the military spouses?

Hi, my husband has been in the Air Force for almost 10 yrs now.
He just turned to 30, and has four strips as a sg.

I know there's a G.I bill that he can pass on me, but I just want to get an associate degree in community college. So I figured it would be kind of wasting of the G.I bill if I only use it for the 2years college.

And there's a chance that my hubby wants to earn a master degree as well.
So I was wondering if there's any other advantage for the spouses to pursue their education.

I heard about something like spouse career center that supports spouses to study.

I would really appreciate your advice/answer.
Have a good day. Thanks! :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in

• i wouldnt take his G.I. bill only if you have to. bc just incase he decides to become an officer. But there is a wonderful advantage you will get up to 6,000 in whatever college you want, i would specify a community college you would get more out of
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 3:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• you wont be wasting the gi bill dependent which gi bill he vouches to use..he can use either. if you do in person classes..you want to use the new gi bill...if you do online classes..its mroe beneficial to use the old....more money in the long run.

look up my mcaa . im not sure i fit sjust army spouses or all. but its free 6g for schooling. no paybacks..just 6g to pay tuition, you pay for books.

source...imn army veteran and army spouse
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• if you want to work for aafes they will pay for college provided you work full time and pick a degree that somehow allows you to work for aafes after your schooling and you have to contrat to work for aafes like 4 years after your degree is finished.

if he wants to go to school, dont let him wai ttill he's out. he can get free tuition right now without using his gi bill...that goes away the second he gets out and then he only gets his gi bill.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• do not work for AAFES! Worked for them for 10 years and they suck. You can apply for loans for military spouces and also use his GI bill.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2009