How much do you get in Cash Aid?

How big is your family? I just want to know since we have NEVER been on PA and now we lost everything with Lay offs we have to sign up on welfare to work program. I want to get an idea of what it is like!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Notta... Never have. As a single mom with two kids and working just part-time bringing in about 150.00 a week, this is how I raised my two kids. I only qualified for food stamps. NO CASH assistance. It really doesn't matter, if you are both capable of working, you need to be out there finding a job wherever you can. There are jobs, even if you have to go to McDonalds or move, there are jobs!!! I think it's a very bad deal for anyone to receive FREE money regardless of circumstances!!!
    Anonymous

• Free??? In my state you do NOT get free money!!! WORK FOR WELFARE MEANS YOU WORK!!!!!!! THEY GIVE YOU TEMP JOBS AND HELP YOU FIND JOBS UNTIL YOU GET ONE TO SUPPORT YOU!! SO PEOPLE HERE NEED TO STOP SAYING IT IS FREE MONEY!!
    ALSO FOR EVERY JOB OFFER OUT THERE ARE 100 PEOPLE APPLY FOR EACH ONE SO IT IS NOT THAT EASY LIKE SOME IGNORANT PEOPLE SAY!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I applied once. I was 6 months pregnant, had an 11 month old and was working part time (16 hours/week). My DH went in to the hospital and lost his income. So we applied... I was told we qualified for $65 a month IF I attended 24 hours of career classes each week to make up for the fact that I wasn't working the full 40 a week... It wasn't worth it and we just went without...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm so sick of welfare mentality! Who do you think pays for your FREE money?! Me, a high wage earner, huge tax payer! I'd sure like to keep more of MY hard earned money! Two words---SEEK EMPLOYMENT!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009