my 11 week old wants to take one hour naps all day instead of taking long naps. Is that ok?

I just finally have accomplished putting him in his crib for bed time and naps (yay for me I'm so excited!) but now he just wants to take short naps all day, is that ok for now?

natvitty

Asked by natvitty at 3:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's normal...they have to sleep to grow and they can only take in a little amount of info and need to sleep to process it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Newborns don't take long naps. They simply eat, poop, and pee. They sleep in the time between those events. A dirty diaper or hunger will wake them up. You won't seen naps start to level out and develop a pattern until after 6 months.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think my daughter was about 4 months old before we got the first two hour nap, and then it was only that one. It was another 2 or 3 months that her naps sort of consolidated into two longer naps from 4-5 shorter ones.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My almost 5 month old has always been a short nap-taker...and she's a very happy baby...she also only nurses for a max of 10 minutes at a time...that's how she likes it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009