why would someone pretend to be their husband?

i was talkin to this guy on myspace who recently moved to the area shortly after i added him my husband added him and i added his wife on facebook...and i thought all was going well til one day "this guy" comes on and brings up sex i was like um what? he never in the 2 months i been talkin to him has he ever brought that up, usually talked about kids work and upcoming events..so i answered but ur married...he say my wife wont have to know..i was like wow im not sure waht to say about that...he gave me a cell number and told me to call later that night..i never called...i figured it it was his wife the other day when i talked to him and she talked about college..she is in college he isnt...so why would she pretend to be him and ask if i wanted to sleep with him? considering i talk to her more than i do him...me and the wife can chat for hours but only talk to the guy for maybe 10 min..her and still talk all the time since

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• She was baiting you to see if you wanted her man...maybe she's had friends in the past go after her man and wanted to see what type of woman you were before she let down her guard. I'm not saying this was the right thing to do but maybe in her mind the only thing to do...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• She's checking up on him, silly
    Anonymous

• She probably feels insecure and was seeing if he was cheating or if he normally hits on other women?? Not too sure.
    Anonymous

• Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking... you should avoid them - T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
    Anonymous

• why do you feel it is necessary to talk to other men besides your husband? She thinks this is kind of odd as well and is making sure nothing is going on..
    Anonymous

• op here
    she just pmed me and said she wanted to me and my kids to meet up with her at this upcoming event so maybe i was over reacting...
    Anonymous

• same thing happens to me all the time. I know this guy in California and his wife is CRAZY and jealous
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• She is trying to see if you would go for it, or maybe she is trying to find out if something is already going on. She doesn't trust you or him or both!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• BTW, almost the same thing happened to me. My SO's brother babysat for us one night, I called him to check on the kids and he saved my number to his contacts. Pretty soon I was getting texts from his girlfriend pretending to be him. I could tell it wasn't him because of the horrible spelling and the obvious "do you know who this is?" questions. He told her the truth about who's number it was but she still would text me trying to "catch" us doing something wrong!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• If it really was her, then she doesn't trust him. Not trusting someone doesn't just happen. He has done something to earn it. Personally, I think you're asking for trouble adding a woman's husband to your page anyway. Men and women can't uually be just friends. I should say most men can't leave it at friends. It might be a good idea to avoid them both. It sounds like too much drama whether it's her checking up on him or if he really did try to bring up sex.
    Anonymous