Anyone else have a fussy baby what works to get him/her to stop fussing?

My 3wk old son is very fussy it has gotten to the point were i have to hold him all the time! Well today i really needed to clean up my house an he wouldnt stop fussing so i put him in his swing he had started fussing so i turned the radio on an he stoped fussing! Im so glad i finally found away to get him to claim down now im able to do what i have to do! Im so happy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm glad to hear that worked. My mother has "the touch." When she came over, and the babies were fussing, she was able to hold them, and they'd settle down. I could hold them but they'd continue to fuss. I never figured out what it was about her- maybe that she was confident that she could do it. One of my children we could help settle down by taking him for a ride in the car- but the other child hated the car.

Answer by Bmat at 4:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• We used to put our son in his swing in front of a Baby Einstein video. He was quiet and happy long enough for whatever needing doing.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Sleep! I have an 11 week old and he has been the fussiest baby ever and the doctor told me that he needs more sleep. So even now as soon as he starts to get fussy, if he is fed and clean I just put him down for a nap. I has saved my sanity! Try it out.
    natvitty

Answer by natvitty at 4:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Buy a sling! ...that way you can carry him but you still have your hands free.

and PLEASE do not turn on the TV for you 3 week old. many psychology experts for children are now suggesting that children under 2 should not have any viewing time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My baby is 5 weeks old and he usually likes the swing. Sometimes that doesn't work though so I put him in my moby wrap. It works for both of us...he's happy because I'm carrying him but my hands are still free so I'm able to get stuff done.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 4:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009