Fluoridated Water

My next door neighbor suggested fluoridated water for my baby when she saw us using bottled water for his formula. Today I asked his dentist and he said he definetly needed it because most places, including our area, don't add enough fluoride to city water. So my question is : Did/do you use it? and if so for how long?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids' dentist has them take fluoride drops each day rather than buying special water to drink. If you have insurance that covers prescriptions, this is definitely a cheaper way to go.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I boiled tap water
    Anonymous

• if your in an area that doesn't provide it in your natural watery supply, i think it best to drink 2 bottles with floride in it a day(forever). toothpaste provides a small amount, floridinated natural water produces some, but with these two things its supposed to be enough.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• We have a well so our water is not treated. I buy the gallons of either Nursery or Gerber water.
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009