MY DAUGHTERS 19MONTHS, I WAS CURIOUS.. IS IT TOO EARLY TO POTTY TRAIN HER?

1BLESSEDMOMMY03

Asked by 1BLESSEDMOMMY03 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• NO its not to early at all.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 4:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It's perfect timing for introduction. IMO.
    Just buy a potty chair and encourage her to use it. You may even want to make a sticker chart and/or reward her with toys and favorite activities. (please do not use food as a reward. eating HABITS are just as important as what we eat)

GL! i started my DS at 18 months and he was fully trained by 27 months.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• There's a book that has an excellent check-off list to help moms determine the readiness of their child to potty train.  The "no crying" might just be you if you first read it.

"The No-Cry Potty Training Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• OH OK, SHE'S MY FIRST SO THAT HELPS ALOT, THANKS..
    1BLESSEDMOMMY03

Answer by 1BLESSEDMOMMY03 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes, you should start now. It's good to introduce now then later. make it a fun time for her. that should help.
    mylilnathan

Answer by mylilnathan at 4:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I would also look into the book potty trained in a day. It is a really good book that my mom used on myself and my sis and I have friends that have used it as well with really good results. I found it for 7 bucks at Borders. I will try this method when my LO is a little taller and can get off and on the potty by herself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• MY DD WAS READY AT 18 MTS, BUT SHE TALKED WELL, HERE ARE SOME CUES OR SIGNS YOUR CHILD ME BE READY
    1. TAKES HER DIAPER OFF
    2. SHE CAN TELL YOU WHEN SHE HAS GONE OR HAS TO GO
    3. YOU CAN TELL WHEN SHE HAS TO GO
    4. SHE IS INTERSTED IN THE POTTY.
    BYTHE WAY I TOOK MY TIME CUZ AM SAHM BUT SHE WAS POTTY TRAIN BY 24 MTS. SHE IS NOW 31 MTS AND HASBT WORN DIPAERS IN A LONG TIME NOT VEN TO BED! IS AWSOME. I USED THE CANDY METHOD. (GAVE ME AN EXCUSED TO EAT MORE CANDY TOO LOL)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my DD is almost 17 months, i bought a potty for her a few weeks ago... I dont expect her to use it yet, just become familure with it, she will sit on it when i go potty, tells me she has to poop ( but doesnt go, i just out her on there and tell her to "push")
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am planning on introducing my 18 month old dd Emmalee to the potty soon, so I am with you on this one. She also says about 15 words and pee's in the tub when standing up ( which is a no no) but she laughs about it. IDK if she knows what she is doing. Anyways I am gonna start really soon with her
    Stephanie2107

Answer by Stephanie2107 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• THANKS LADIES, ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS, AND SUGGESTIONS HELP.. I APPRECIATE IT...
    1BLESSEDMOMMY03

Answer by 1BLESSEDMOMMY03 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2009