Low Hcg Levels and bleeding- Miscarriage?

I ovulated on Sept 21 and then 7 days later I had what I thought was my period. Heavy bright red bleeding and cramps, 6 days long. On Oct. 12th I felt really tired and I started spotting small amounts of brown blood, no cramping . On the 13th I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I took another test on the 14th and it was positive and I was still spotting, so I went into the ER that night (the obgyn couldn't see me until a week later). At the ER they took a blood test and confirmed that I was pregnant and checked my Hcg level, it was 78. Didn't see anything on a transvaginal ultrasound. ER told me I was probably miscarrying and to get another blood test on the 16th. Result was a level of 107, but it was only 37hrs between the two tests. Talked to nurse today at OB's office and they said I am probably miscarrying but to get another blood test in two days. Any possibility that I am not miscarrying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's possible that you're not miscarrying. But it doesn't look good, sweetie, I'm sorry to say :( I've lsot a baby too, and I know how much it hurts. I hope you're not, but you should prepare yourself for the worst.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Doubtful, this early. Some people have bleeding after a pregnancy is established but you are not far enough along to not dislodge a pregnancy with bleeding.
    Also, please don't use the ER for things like that. You were not bleeding to death. If your OB/gyn didn't think it was important enough for you to go in then you certainly didn't need to waste your and my money going to the ER so they could tell you you were Pg (which a test had already told you)and you were probably miscarrying (which you probably already knew)
    Anonymous

• ot could be implanted in the flopian tube. don't give up hope! but incase it's a miscarrige it has something to do with baby's development and not anything you did! within the first 3 months of pregnancy if the body detects anything wrong with the baby it expels it( does NOT happen with every pregnancy!!!).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Also, please don't use the ER for things like that. You were not bleeding to death......

As the op I have to say that gosh this sounds cold hearted. I have never met my ob and I only talked to his receptionist, but my regular doctor (who my husband insisted I call) told me to go to the urgent care, who then sent me on to ER. I have heard of women who have "periods" but still have succesful pregnancies and I wasn't positive spotting small amounts of brown blood with no cramping was a miscarriage. I'm sorry to have wasted your money and I'll keep it in mind that you feel strongly about who should and shouldn't go to ER. $100 copay 9 hrs waiting for my body and what was my baby.

Anonymous

I tnot only your money an you don't have to be mean when you are in that situation you want answers right away! not waiting and a doctor unless you are a doctor yourself and don't need to go to one and usually OB and Doctor recomend you to go to the ER I was like 2 years ago in a situation like that end up to be a miscarriage since my Hg levels were ashley go down and i didn't spot brown blood it was bright red but it was little at first then it came along a lot of cramping, And since i not a Doctor never went to a medical faculty need it answers so i call my OB and since they couldn't see me since there were book the urge me to go to the ER in which I pay and my insurance that I pay.
    And for the person who wrote this question never give up hope even if this turn out to be a miscarriage since eventually you will get pregnant too.
    cadmedina

Answer by cadmedina at 5:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am now expecting and happy!!!
    cadmedina

• for the IDIOT who thinks she shouldn't of went to the ER you need to stop being a JACKA$$...............
    as for you the ER is where you should of went....you could still be pregnant and I hope you are. but with my experience I had the bleeding and no cramping at all, thru the total miscarriage there was no psychial pain just emotional ones. I dont want to give you false hope but expect the worse and if you need to talk by all means add me. Good Luck
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 5:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009