Any idea how radiation affects eggs?

I am trying for baby #2. I work in a hospital and was in the room (unprotected) when a baby was x-rayed a while back...several months ago. What are the chances of that messing up the eggs I have?? What problems can that cause? I tried looking it up a while back and found nothing. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why would you not be protected?  I thought that was procedure?  Why can't you find out at work?

Anonymous

• i think if you were constantly exposed to it you'd have problems conceiving. if you are worried, try getting pregnant and after a yr no baby, get the ovulation kit from clear blue easy, if after 3-6 no baby to be, talk to ob to get your eggs checked for viability.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Usually we walk out of the room when they do that but it happened so quickly and I didnt leave quick enough. And I just didnt want to ask at work.
    Anonymous

• I really think you are fine.
    Anonymous

• I think you would be fine! I wouldnt worry about it
    Anonymous