Who wants to cook with me...............Making...........

ok my grandmother had THE BEST homemade mashed potatoes! EVER......
I want someone whos already making them tonight...
Im making them too so let meknow how they turn out and what the family thinks of them.
OK this is how im only going to tell you ingredients bc i dont kno how big or small your family is.
Potatoes of course and boil them just like u would already squish them up put as much milk as u always would. add salt, pepper, brown sugar about 2 1/2 table spoons for reg size. more or less. 1/2 cup of sour cream. and already grated cheese! not alot at all just enough to taste. AND! dont forget about 1/3 cup of CREAM cheese. please try i want to see who else likes it. it is mouth watering i swear.

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 4:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I prefer no sugar and to limit fats (like cream cheese and sour cream).  Just a potato, salt and pepper. Make sure you put the potatoes back in the pot and allow all of the water to evaporate before adding your milk.  I like mine lumpy.

Anonymous

• I would love to try it but am on a low sodium low fat diet. So for me a mashed potato is boiled, then mashes, and topped with my yummy homemade salsa. A hint for the perfect mashed potatoes--don't boil the water before you put the potatoes in. cut your potatoes into 1/4 (half vertically then horizontally), put in cold water, and then turn on the heat and boil for 20 minutes. they will be done perfectly. Drain them very well before adding other ingredients and mashing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Wow, I think I gained 5 pounds just readnig that recipe! Enjoy! Wish I could eat like that =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• sounds good.. & you can use light or fat free to make it healthier
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My tummy seriosly just grumbled!! I would like some garlic in mine if you are putting cheese....Mmmmmm.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am making mashed potatoes tonight, but will stick to my old recipe, though yours sounds delicious.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm making mashed potaotes tonight but just plain old ones. I don't have any brown sugar. Or cream cheese or sour cream. We just like ours with a splash of milk and some salt and pepper. Sometimes some cheese.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009