Do people who have never been on Cash Aid really think it is FREE money?? Like people just sit on they're butts and get paid?? NOT IN MY STATE!!

I can not stand people saying It is FREE money and people who get Cash Aid are lazy and won't look for a job!! In CA and especially in my county to be on Cash Aid you HAVE to look for a job, do job training, and required to do at least 34 hours of cash aid "work"Both parents in the household MUST do it!! So stop judging and stop assume to be on PA is being LAZY!! Not everyone is the same and not everyone can find a job right away!!! I know people who bust they're butts to look for a job and still cannot find one after being laid off from a 30 dollar hour salary!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• What's your question? If they know that or......? It sounds like you just want to start some drama......
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This is her Question.Do people who have never been on Cash Aid really think it is FREE money?? Like people just sit on they're butts and get paid??

Did you not read the title or do you just want to start drama jenree23
    Anonymous

So ANON if YOU would have read my answer I said If they know that or.....? Shut up!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Someone started that "free money" crap yesterday. Free money are taxes that the RICH get back. How'd you like to get a $30,000.00 income tax check??? My old (m)billionaire boss' check was in that range, and that was ONLY ONE of his MANY tax checks.

Anonymous

• Its not like that in all states. In Illinois you dont have to work or do training, you just have to have people sign that you looked for a job. I used to work in the front office and people came in afew times a week with a form that they would ask that I sign for unemployment saying that they came in. I would make them sit down a fill out an application everytime and most would just leave. They wanted someone to just sign and tell them if we were hiring or not but they never applied for the job or got dressed decent b4 they came in. Im NOT saying it is like that everywhere, but I wish they would do more here to stop people from scamming and help them with skills to get a job. THis was 2 yrs ago and I know people are really having a hard time finding jobs now so people are on assistance that wouldnt normally be. That iswhat it is for...my description is the type of people that everyone is complaining about .
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• hey OP...I live in california and am on PA. I think you are referring to the GAIN program, no? its true, if you're in GAIN, then you have to complete 34 hours of job training, or you can be in school for 34 hours. I have an exemption because my child is under a year old. after that, i still wont have to be in GAIN because im a full time student.
    Anonymous

• Unemployment insurance is money given based on a percentage of the money you put into the system. It can easily e denied. Scammers exist EVERYWHERE, especially our government.

Anonymous

• YES. No matter how you look at it... it's FREE money. You are doing nothing and yet, still receiving money. Life should not work this way. If you want money, go earn it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah and in CA they can be pretty strict about it. But then again there are always those people who slip under the wire- I knew this guy who was really just too lazy to look for a job, so he went to a phsychiatrist who told him he had a mental- or emotional (something like that) disorder that prevented him- or hindred his ability to get and keep a job- he is still sliding by on PA, like he has been for about a year now
    Then again I knew someone who was just an honest joe out of a job- so he followed all the rules, did all the requirements- job training, looking for a job etc. He still got his aid cut down after 2-3 months.

But yeah if its like that in IL then who knows what its like in all the other states, that might be a big part of the reason some moms across america say its just free money- cuz its so easy in other states (I guess, Idk)
    Anonymous

• Yes, I do feel that way.
    Anonymous