Does your CHILD like their teacher and why (or why not?)

and do you LIKE the teacher.... I am a teacher. Currently teach title one reading and math to K-3. I taught 2nd for 3 yrs and preK for 5. Just asking.... dont worry that I am a teacher I have seen the best and the worst of it so---- honest answers please dont hold back....

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 4:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in

• My son has autism, and is in a typical public school, but in a special needs classroom. We have the same teacher from last year, and he loves her! I have seen her interact with her students, and it's clear that not only does she care about their education, but she genuinely cares for the kids. I pray that we are this fortunate for the rest of his academic career! Here's a BIG THANK YOU to all the teachers out there who love what they do, and love their students!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• When I taught and the students said, "I don't like you" I'd tell them I don't need to be liked, I just need to teach them!
    Anonymous

• My son is in junior high so he has several teachers. He has never really said that he doesn't like a teacher. He does however feel comfortable asking some teachers for help and other teachers he wouldn't ask to throw water on him if he were on fire.

I wouldn't say he is afraid of the teachers, but he just doesn't like to have to ask them for any type of assistance............... which I think is sad.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 5:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This year my dd thought her teacher was too strict but now, after some time and a parent conference, she is adjusting. I told my dd "Second graders are not baby's anymore like in K and 1st." I like the teacher too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My son is in 8th grade, so he has many teachers. There is one, his math teacher, that neither of us like. She is blowing smoke up my butt about his missing work, how worried she is about his progress, yet she just gave him 6 0's because the work wasn't perfect. All she talks about is how much she likes my son, how well he will do if he does exactly as she says but she is treating him like crap. She also keeps talking about how worried she is that he won't do well on the WKCE test (a standardized test). Funny thing is, he has never done bad on that test and I doubt he will start now.

He has had another teacher in 1st grade that told him he was stupid, deaf, lazy.

He also has had some amazing teachers. I can send a PM, if you want more info. There is just not enough room here.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Well, since I teach my children, I sure hope they like me. They do tell me every day that they love me all the way to China, and sometimes all the way to Pluto!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My kids love their teachers and so do I. They are great and supportive. its obvious they lvoe the kids (mine and all the others)!!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my 9yo greatly dislikes her teacher. in fact, i am considering the secret recording issue. showing up unexpected is not possible our school has magnificent security. she recently sent home a note requiring my signature on a math test with a 94 on it and a letter stating her poor grades were due in part to my negligence with homework help. but yet she is a straight A student. wtf?over and over and over my daughter has told me this teacher frequently says things like " i hate kids" " this is why i dont have kids" and " why are you kids so stupid". so, needless to say, unfortunately, the school will have to deal with me one more time soon, and it won't be pretty this time again either.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2009