what is some good ways to get my husband to want to spend time with the baby and me?

my husband stays outside and want's to work on his cars all day and hang out with his friends besides jaydn and me. I talked to his letting him know that i feel like i'm lossing my mind having to stay home all the time without him. but he doesn't understand. i would be out there with him but i cant because it is dangerouse for jaydn to be around all thoes car that are beinf worked on. it's an ongoing fight between jordan and me!

tillytiff

Asked by tillytiff at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• My boyfriend doesn't seem like he wants to spend time with Cayden & I either..(she's 8 weeks old). He either wants to play his video game, or go out with his friends. He invites me to go hang out with him & his friends & says his Mom will watch the baby but I don't want to ask her every single weekend..she works too. So I sit at home with the baby! I need help here too :( I get lonely
    CaydensMama505

Answer by CaydensMama505 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• my husbands the same way even if he's in the house. i have to either engage him in an activity with us or take a walk or do something he likes to do ... like a car show or someting like that. he doesn't mind going to the park either
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 1:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I went throught the same thing with my husband but I can let Cece play outside we have a yard attached to the garage I made an agreement with him i let him work in there for so long a time without bothering him and he has to go for a walk with us or to the park, he got used to it and now after 3 years he suggests it on his own. I know it is hard but they adjust and you can have your family. Patience on our part seems tough but most of the time it works out.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I feel the same way you do. My husband works 2 jobs and comes home at 10pm. he has dinner and stays in the living room watching TV till about 12. I haven't told him exactly how I feel cause I hardly see him. On the weekends he's either working or out in the park with his friends. I feel like a single mother cause he's never around our son and I. I would also like to know how I can get him to be around us some more. By reading some of the answers I see I'm not the only one feeling like this.
    ShirleyN

Answer by ShirleyN at 3:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008