Question for those that DON'T

want to get the H1N1 vac, why don't you want it (just asking not attacking)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i don't feel the need to mainly cuz i don't go out daily. but i got my kids vaccinated because they do go out daily.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Well I haven't gotten it and have no plans to my reasoning is mainly that I have not bought into all the hype of the swine flu..and I and my family are all healthy..

Some of the folks I know said they wont be getting it because they feel the vax was rushed
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I havent gotten it cause i dont like to take meds in general and especially something that hasnt been around to long. I dont want them testing it on me..Id rather wait and be sure it doesnt have any side effects
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm speaking to my kids doctor about it on Monday but am leaning towards not getting it. I will see what they recommend and make a final decision.

I worry about giving poeple (especially kids) things they don't need, I'm not convinces they need this. We don't know what effects this vaccine has, no trials. and over 35,000 die a year from them regular flu.....Just not 100% sold they need it
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have no intentions of getting it, don't like to take unecessary medicine.

Answer by older at 5:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The miniscule chance of side effects is higher than the even more miniscule chance of the virus causing death.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• We don't do any flu shots and we would especially not get this one because it it too new and untested. I am not nor is my family their guinea pig...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Honestly because I dont want to be a guinea pig, the time they devoted to testing is just not enough to ease my mind. It scares the hell out of me. Last night I got a notice fromthe middle school that they want to vax my son for it and I said no, My husbands work wants to vax him for it as well and i asked him not to at first he agreed and felt the same as i did but now that one of his co-workers wives just died from it he wants to get it, i keep reminding him she already had a lung disease so her immune system was shot.

I dont know , All I can say is it just doesnt feel right and if I have learned anything in life it is to follow my instincts. I wil still get my regular flu shot and so will my kids but he H1N1 is out as far as the kids and I are concerned.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• its no worse than the flu and doesnt kill any more than any other strain of the flu, i have gone without flu shots my whole life aside from 2 years i worked in a hospital and im still alive. besides there are over 30,000 strains of the flue and you can only get each strain once. whats the point?
    Anonymous

• I dont feel we need it. DD and I dont get out often. And if we do get it, Ill take my chances. Its more often than not easily cured with prescription medication.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009