My daughter hates milk!

My daughter is a year and a half. Ever since I weaned her back in July, she hasn't drank a sip of milk. She absolutely hates, any form of milk. She has become a very picky eater. She won't eat vegetables, hardly. Sometimes I'll get her to sneak a bite.Any suggestions?? She's lost so much weight since then.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can't help, my son loves his fruit and veggies and had been taught to do so since birth.
    Anonymous

• pediasure or ensure. get the v8 splashes for veggies. stuff chicken breast w chs and broccoli. have you tried choc milk mix???
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my dd was the same at that age. I bought strawberry syrup and made it that way for her and she loved it. If youre worried about nutrition then buy her those pediasure drinks. they tast like milkshakes and dd loves them!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i had the sam eproblem with my daughter and believe it or not he pediatrician told me to give her a milkshake everyday to bring her weight up. she soesnt refuse ice cream.
    and as for the veggies what works with my daughter is to give her a bite of something else that tastes way worse and have her decide which she wants to eat. she usually eats.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• im not too sure. but if i was you i would grind up EVERY type of vegetable you can make in EVERYTHING she eats! bc its not healthy for her. if u have a bldener put in carrots, baby spinach/ lettuce, celery, avocado,and i would actually make sure its so blended up she can barely see it and put it on a pizza and put cheese on top of it, ifshes like pizza she wont even notice its there. or if she likes dora or a specfic cartoon say DORA really loves carrots and she sent me a letter asking if you would eat it with her lol idk try it
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 5:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• and as anon said. my dd had her first pear at 2 weeks. I guess we need some more advice from her to be better moms lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Keep offering the milk. She will eventually take it. You also need to make her eat what is put in front of her. My LO only has a few things that she won't eat and I can accept a few, but I won't put up with a picky eater. I have had to go to the you won't eat until you eat what I have given her. That means no snacks until we eat what was given for the previous meal. We have only had a problem a few times in 2 mos where she has had to do this. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• LOL HEY MY DD HATED MILK FOR LIKE A YEAR NOW SHE ONLY DRINKS MILK CHOCLOATE OF COURSE. TRY FALOR MILK. I TOLD HER IT WAS A MILSHAKE AND WELL NOW SHE DRINKS LIKE 3 CUPS A DAY
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My son also hated milk. He is now 21 months and has decided to like it. I just kept offering it at least once a week. One day he drank it. He used to turn his nose up to it and want nothing to do with it. Now, it is not his favorite, he prefers juice but I give him milk at meals and he will drink it all.
    Anonymous

• she may never take it....i hate plain white milk to this day! i like choc milk but thats it. but i love cheese....she can have that, yogurt, or other foods with calcium. i watched a show once and it showed how to sneak healthy stuff into your kids diets lol. steam some cauliflower and mash it into potatoes...shred carrots so it looks like shredded cheese, and use as a topping. like said above blend some food and use as a sauce for pizza. its a i'm independent now type mentality and she's hoping to win lol.......good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009