Do you think it's possible to stay friends with your ex?

He picks me and my son up and takes us to dinner, he calls to check on us, gives me extra money if I need it. It's like we are good friends who happen to have a kid together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• thats wonderful i think so, but if you happen to get engaged or serious with someone else i think it will be healthier to end that somewhat bc it will prob b hard for the next man in your life, but i think its awesome yall are friends bc most ppl end in bad terms
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 5:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• that's the funny thing about men!!!! perhap's he sincerely cares and doesn't want you struggling now that you're on your own! perhaps its guilt! who gives a sh, be thankful he's being a decent man now!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I stayed friends with my ex. It's been over 20 years since we divorced. There were some years that were better than others. When he was married it was more difficult. After she died things went back to being easy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• when my ex fiance and I broke up, we still remained good friends. we hung out, had dinner together, always called each other, still laughed about inside jokes, then he started dating someone we were mutual friends with while dating. it was a little awkward at first, but she and I were really cool with each other. he didnt really like the association after a while and we drifted apart. they got married and have two children together and he is a step dad to 2 of her kids from a previous marriage. she and I contact each other once in a blue moon online and we are still cool with each other. especially now that I am a mother we share motherly advice!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• lol as strange as this sounds i am friends with majority of my ex because we were friends BFEORE we dated so it was kinda hard not too let go of the friendship...
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes. We had three children and were married for 24 years . I thought it was important for the kids for us to stay friends.
    Anonymous

• I think it all depends on the individuals. My ex-husband and I share 2 kids, but we can't get along to save our lives. I mean, seriously, if you held a gun to our heads and told us to get along or you were going to shoot us, we'd stand there and argue over whose fault it was we were about to die. lol

But I have a couple of ex-boyfriends that I am still friends with. One I am closer to than the other, but we're pretty decent friends. It all depends on the people..and why they broke up.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009