What are the symptoms of a UTI in a toddler?

I am just curious if anyone new what the symptoms of a UTI or a bladder infection in a toddler would be??

aprilmommy2007

Asked by aprilmommy2007 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is complaining of pain while peeing or passing blood in teh urine then its most likely that. Back pain can also be a sign
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• If you suspect one now then start the cranberry juice asasp. It really works
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• asap*
    Steph319

• Cloudy urine (although the dr. said this was a less reliable indicator in kids than adults). If your child is a girl she has a greater chance just because her urethra is shorter and easier for germs to enter in the first place. Also a "risk factor" is if she has been exploring herself lately. My daughter's doctor told me girls can also get an occasional yeast infections from bubble baths. The extra soap messes up the good bacteria that keeps the yeast that naturally lives down there in check.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009