How to make a whole chicken?

I'm making a whole chicken. I made some homemade red sause to go with it. Does anyone knoe a Italian wjol chicken recipe. It can be crop pot or oven. Thanks

TummyPrincess

Asked by TummyPrincess at 5:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Italian wjol?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Crumple aluminum foil into a few small balls and place them in the bottom of your crock pot. Put the whole chicken on top of the foil and cook it on high for 4-5 hours or low all day. It will come out soooo juicy and tender. If you rub the chicken with seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, etc) and/or stuff the bird with onions/celery, it will have a TON of flavor! The meat litleraly falls of the bone, like the rotesserie ones you can buy at the grocery store.
    I usually cook 2 birds at a time...literally stuff them into the crockpot side by side....We eat one and I pick apart the other one for chicken & dumplings, chicken pot pie, chicken salad sandwiches, etc. YUMMY!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Hey! that is a great idea about the foil balls in the bottom! Thanks christyg!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009