The big V.....

Hi all,

Just looking for some re-assurance, I suppose. DH & I have been married 6 years, we have 2 beautiful, healthy boys.

Long, long story short, I have really nasty pregnancies (toxemia, bedrest, weight gains of 60+ lbs., had to get my gums grafted after 2nd pregnancy, etc) and DH and I are basically at our limits financially with the 2 kids we have. We are extremely happy with our family life and we feel that we don't want to test the limits with any more kids.

He has a consultation for a vasectomy in a few weeks. Feel bad for him b/c I don't want him to go through pain (though I did have 2 c-sections, lol!). In my heart, I know this is the right decision for our family, just wondering who else has gone through this and what your thoughts/experiences are. Are you glad? Regretful? Do share! Thanks!

mamabear0025

Asked by mamabear0025 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just keep one thing in mind that if you do decide to get pregnant later, they can still extract sperm from him without reversing it. Keep lots of frozen veggies in bags on hand, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I know many men that have had this procedure. It is quick and painless. It is also reversable. Stop worring and tell him to be a man! lol GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• lmao, don't worry about the pain, he'll live, we go through hell bringing their kids into this world. what we go through has got to be worse.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Sooooo funny!

He is being manly, lol! I'm just being a baby on his behalf!

You guys are right, thanks! Bring on the frozen veggies, ha ha ha!

mamabear0025

Answer by mamabear0025 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My husband and I decided for him to go through with a Vasectomy 2 1/2 months ago after the birth of our third baby. We are very happy with our decision because taking care of three kids in a handfull!
    Rachael06

Answer by Rachael06 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2009