active toddler, what kind of gift...

my son will be two early next year, so anything I get him for xmas i want to be aimed for 2 and up. he is very active. he loves to run around, he likes to throw things and mess with things (he loves his little tikes tool workshop)....typical boy LOL. with these personality traits, what would make a good xmas gift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A CONNECTING INDOOR TENT AND FILL IT WITH ALL SORTS OF GOODIES HE'D ENJOY; BALL PIT BALLS - CARS AND BLOCKS
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• we do have one of those indoor pop up tents (not a door connecting one though) and he LOOOOVES IT! he did enjoy the ball pit at his niece's bday, thats a good idea! we actually have a kiddie pool I could use for the pit and buy the balls. a bag of $100 is only about $10 at most toy stores. I have kept my eyes peeled for a big toy truck! he loves those! thanks for all the suggestions ladyd!
    Anonymous

• I think a tent would be great - I'm planning on getting my 2 yo one for Christmas. Other things that are cool for boys that age - tricycle, my first scooter, blocks (Lego Duplos are great), and the crashing cars race track (not sure of the exact name) looks like fun. My son also loves dinosaurs - there are some that move and roar that are pretty cool.
    Anonymous

• I would get him some soft foam-type nerf balls that he can play with indoors.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Depending on where you live, I'd go with ride-on toy and balls. My son is also very active and any outdoor toy that can be pushed or pulled is wonderful. he loves the tent we have (but it takes up lots of space so it only comes out on rainy days) and his ballpit (which lives in our family room and makes me nuts on days when he endlessly dumps it out). We also have a bounce-and-spin zebra he absolutely adores but is starting to outgrow. he burns off lots of energy bouncing and spinning.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009