Nursing bras?

When should I buy them? How am I supposed to know what size to up to? Just guess..?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 5:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont' worry about them until you are about 8 months along as you will get a little bigger after the baby comes...you only need 2-3 until then and then afterwards (1-2 months) you can get some more once your size regulates
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i bought mine during pregnancy. when i got measured they suggest going one size up cup wise and around.....so if you measure a 34c now get a 36d to accommodate the fluctuating breast size!

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I guess I should have mentioned, I'm 36 weeks.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Its whenever you want to, but now is fine. i forgot, i went to motherhood maternity and bought a wireless bra. it annoyed the hell out of me! i hate it haha...i know they say not to get wires, but its was sooo much more comfy, or a sports bra, that just has no privacy lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I could never get used to nursing bras. When i was out in public, i could never get my bra to latch again....lol. I just used regular bras and pulled it over to the side. It was just so much easier for me. I got measured to see what size i needed and got them after i gave birth. But i don't see why you cant get measured for them now since you are almost there. Congrats on your baby.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• dont buy them till your milk comes in. size changes.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'd start with just the sports bra style for now. Those adapt to size changes easily, and will get you through the first few days as you figure out about what size you settle around.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i'm 38 weeks right now, bought mine through motherhood maternity. i only got 2 since i don't know what size i will be. at first i wasn't quite sure whether it was an ideal investment, but right now i refuse to wear anything but these bras. they are so much more comfy than my other bras and they support much better. also, my hubby likes the fact that he can play with them.... :)
    anyway, they suggested one size up from what i measured and that ended up being the one size they didn't carry in the store (34E) so i had to go online and order from their website anyway. good luck and God bless your new LO
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009