How can I get pregnant?

I am with my boyfriend and was not on birth control for a year and did not use any other contraception. I have regular periods and have them at the same time every month. Any answers? Am I just some weird woman who can't get pregnant?

tanasha1987

Asked by tanasha1987 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Chart your basal body temp, cervical position, and cervical mucous...you probably aren't having sex when you are at your most fertile which is only about a 3 day window.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• im gonna go anon on this bc i'm a tad ashamed....i went through a wild stage, and had sex with like 5 or 6 guys one year. it was my first year living alone. anyway i didnt get preg....until the last one! Soo you can go without if the timing is off, so be careful, cuz you still may have a chance at it.......if you start ttc and you are timing sex with ovualtion and still cannot have a baby go to your dr and have yours and his fertility checked....gl!
    Anonymous

• It took 6 years for me to finally get pregnant. My dr did a sonogram on my ovaries and uterus after 3 years of trying and found some polyps. I had a DNC and had them removed. Then after another 2 years we finally discovered my biggest problem was my hormones. When you have fertility issues, typically they check your estrogen. But for me it was my prolactin that was off. My body thought it was already lactating and I hadn't even been pregnant before. After putting me on medicine to lower my prolactin, I was pregnant in less than a year. So many things can go wrong with the female body to decrease our fertility chances.

To also increase your chances, make sure you man drinks little to no alcohol but starts to drink coffee (about 3 cups a day). You need to stop drinking coffee if you are. Coffee increases a man's fertility but decreases a woman's.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Your probably just not having sex during your peak fertility. Your only fertile for 2-3 days a month, and you need to have sex on those days. Have you ever considered that it might not be you, it might be your partner? It's usual to think there must be something wrong with the woman, but sometimes the man can have a low sperm count, be sterile, or have another issue. If you really want a baby, you should BOTH go to the doc and get checked. Good Luck!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Honestly, having unprotected sex doesn't garuntee a high rate of becoming pregnant. Every women's body is different. After you end your birth control cycle it can take up to a year to concieve, but that doesn't garuntee that you will convience once that year is up. For some women it can be well into the second year before they concieve and others beyond that. Whereas some women concieve right away. It depends on how long it takes the body to regain its natural hormonal balance (or lack there of for some women) after BC has ended. If you and your partner are really trying to concieve, then you should both go to the doctor and get tested. It could be a problem with him as to why you're not getting pregnant, or it could just be that your body isn't ready.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009