Craddle cap!!!

My two month old DS has it. I have used baby oil. I didn't help. What have you used that helped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well what i did was got a baby comb and right before giving my DS a bath i would rub baby oil into his head and GENTLY
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• We had it until about 11 months before it didn't come back again...we just used oil and a brush...imagine that on an infant that came out with 2 inches of hair that she didn't loose. Brunette too so the flakes were obvious...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• sorry baby pushed a button that submitted my answer, run the comb until most of it came off then proceeded to giving him a bath and do it again about 2 days later if he still had it Hope that helps GOOD LUCK
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This worked for my daughter: After you wash baby's hair, while the scalp is still wet, use a Q-tip to gently rub the baby oil on the scalp. Let it sit on there for a half an hour to an hour. That should soften up those scales. Then use a new soft toothbrush to very gently brush them off.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• With my son I use to scrub his scalp with shampoo and a soft baby brush to flake off the dead skin and then I would coat it with olive oil after his bath.
    Rachael06

Answer by Rachael06 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• mineral oil massaged in and then combed out.

I did it when they were bf. just a little mommy massage lol....

but it just takes time and persistance and sometimes doesn't go completely away.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You can try "California baby calendula cream" you can get it at Target, it is great.
    yolaa

Answer by yolaa at 8:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I put baby oil on a rag and rub the scales off and then give her a bath, so far so good. Are you doing that or just putting baby oil? You can also try olive oil.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2009