I dont know if any of you have a daugher who is 11 or so. Just wondering, Did she get the Gardasil vaccine

I dont have a daughter but If I did I dont know is I would want her to get it. My neighbor got sick from it but she got better.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Neither of my 2 girls have had the Gardasil vaccine and they won't be getting it at all. My 15 year old doesn't want to get it due to problems her friends have had. I won't let my 11 yr old get it for that reason either. If she wants to get it later when she's a little older and can research it for herself (like my 15 yr old did) then she can get it I suppose. I hope she chooses not to get it though.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I absolutely will. It is the best decision for your child. People who say "well my daughter won't be having premarital unprotected sex so she'll never get an std" well what happens if your daughter gets raped? Do you want her to have to live through the trauma of the rape and HPV? Nope. What if her husband cheats on her and brings home HPV? Wouldn't you want her to be protected? Things happen. Do what you can to make life easier on your children.
    Anonymous

• Our daughter is one and will not be getting it. IMO there just is not enough long term testing on the vaccine to know its affects. Also, but not as big a reason, is that we will teach our kids abstinence. If they choose otherwise they can take care of getting the vaccine for themself. IF we felt the vaccine was completely safe we might get it, but at this point there are too many unknowns.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My daughter is going to be 'one less one less' guinea pig. No thank you Big Pharma!
    Anonymous

• I am getting it although I don't know much help it is going to be.. I have HPV which is most likely the strand that turns in to cervical cancer but I still want to be protected against the other strands just in case.. my daughter is only 2 months old so by the time she is old enough it should have more testing and yes she will most likely get it because her grandmother (my mom) has cervical cancer and has been told she only has about a year and a half left
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have two daughters 16,&17 they both got all three shots.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Mine will NOT be getting it. The doctor has already asked if we wanted the girls to get it and we said no. He was perfectly understanding of our decision. It's just not tested enough yet and things go wrong. My daughters are moral and have made the choice to stay abstinent til marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2009