Is it okay not to be excited about a 2nd pregnancy?

I found out the sex of my second baby today and am not excited about it at all. I just fear that the rest of this pregnancy is going to be miserable since I am not happy at this point. I don't think I will ever be happy with this one.

KaraMommy2006

Asked by KaraMommy2006 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know what ur going through i was same way with my sec child he is now 5mnths old this will not make u love this child any less than the other 1 u will love them the same ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Give yourself a break. It's hard being pregnant AND taking care of another kid...it's also not such a novel experience as the first time.

But you know you'll still love the second kid, and still be a great mom.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• this is baby 4 for me im 21weeks now, but when i found out i was preg with this one now i was gutted , it wasnt planed but hey it was my fault it happened i dont believe in abortions so i got on with it however i couldnt get in into my head i was pregnant i was so unhappy even at my 14week scan i didnt believe it was my baby on the screen i thought it was a film of somebody elses , i got over this slowly as when my lil soldier started to kick me thats when it sunk in lol , then i went for my 20 weeks scan and found ou tit was a boy i was gutted again i really wanted a girl this was last week when i found out it is a boy and im just coming round now we have picked his name and i am feeling alot beter in my self so im going to try long and hard to enjoy the weeks i have left being preg , in time you will come round are hormones will be every were , i have really bad mood swings luckly i take them out on my hubby lol
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's common to not be happy with the second pregnancy, especially if the gender isn't what you were hoping for. I wanted to have a second child and was very excited when I got pregnant, but I am not happy at all about being pregnant. I am at the last few weeks and am begging for labor to come, because I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over with. It is okay to not be happy with the pregnancy, but try and look forward to having the baby. If you are feeling depressed in any way about any of it either way, then maybe you should talk to your OB about ways to help with the depression.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009