first time using diaper rash cream..

ds is 2 months old and hasnt had diaper rash yet. he doesnt have a "rash" right now either, i just noticed that he is a little bit red today. tmi maybe, but mostly in his butt-crack. should i put cream on it or just wait and see? i dont want him to get uncomfortable if i can prevent it.

oh and if i should use it, is there a chance he could be allergic?

mrsjedwards

Asked by mrsjedwards at 6:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can definitely use a bit of cream just to prevent.

most of the creams are as hypoallergenic as you can get until you get the ones with added scents and crap. I used penaten for my girls (mom used it on me too), and plain zinc cream. a high zinc level is the best for rashes and tender bits.

but....if there is a reaction it will most likely be a bigger rash or swelling. my girls are allergic to aloe (but so is my brother) so I knew kind of what to look for.

vaseline is good too to protect the tender skin from urine and poop. helps to wipe the poop off easier too
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Make sure the area is dray and then put a little on where it's red. I LOVE Burt's Bees brand ointment, it's works REALLY well and smells great! Oh, and all natural!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Opps, dry not dray!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009