Help!!!! Please if this has ever happend to your or if you know how I can fix it

Ok so ill understand if you laugh , but I dyed my hair about 2 weeks ago black and I didnt like it at all so today I put a bleach kit in it to lighten it and it turned bright orange. What do you think is an ok time to wait to put a dye in it to try to fix it....Anyone ever have this happen?? if so what did you do. thank you everyone

jae_hal

Asked by jae_hal at 6:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You Do NOT want to dy it aain. You can put a temp. color to tone it down. I am a licensed stylist trust me.
    tjds

Answer by tjds at 12:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think that you need to go to a professional....I wouldn't try to strip my hair if I dyed it black...It's too harsh.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Been there, done that, called a professional.

You can get a color rinse called "Fanciful" at the Sally beauty supply store. Get something with "ash" in the color name. Ash means it has greenish undertones and will hide the fire engine orange. Use this to mask your situation until you can get help. Follow the instructions on the bottle.

Get a hat. Wear it to the salon. Go to someone who specializes in corrective color.

My friend always keeps a wig for emergencies. For us adventurous hair gals, a wig is a good back up plan.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• THanks for the advice I never messed it up like this but i know i will never try it again
    jae_hal

Answer by jae_hal at 6:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I did this once. I just got a bottle of Red to mask it until I could get in to see a professional. That was the last at home dye job I ever tried. A pro is kind of expensive but better for me than screwing up my own hair.
    Anonymous

• . Just dye it brown or blonde. SO been there and done tht so many times.....don't waste money on an expensive hairdresser and the color will pull through after a couple of washings with semi permanent. They would tell me it takes time time for what dye it hte color you want . I got stuck with reddish brown hair for a month because the haridresser said so. Yuck it washed out and the shampoos were so expensive. What a waste of money!!!!!!!!
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I've learned that it's cheaper in the long run to go to a professional, but only after so many bad at-home dye jobs. :)
    superbad

Answer by superbad at 10:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009