Has anyone ever tried the Essure permanent birth control method?

I looked it up online and it looked interesting. I was wondering if there were any moms on here who have tried it? Was your experience with it positive or negative?

Pollymom

Asked by Pollymom at 6:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• That sounds very dangerous and painful. I have scar tissue in one of my tubes and it is extremely uncomfortable. The implant is made of nickel-titanium and polyester. I would be very reluctant to put those chemicals inside my body to fuse with scar tissue.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Unless it was medically necessary, I wouldn't insert a foreign object into my body.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I saw that it was made of nickel....I can't even handle nickel in my earrings I can't imagine it inside my fallopian tubes. I just thought it was interesting, if your body could handle it I suppose it would work well.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 7:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have it. I love it. I only randomly feel the coils when I bend the wrong way or I take too long of a really really hot shower. I go in in a few weeks for my confirmation test. If you wanna read about the procedure itself, I encourage you to read my journal entry. I wrote it the day afterwards so as to try and remember everything (I know I would forget things now if I wrote it all down).

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009