Divorce Help

How long did it take you to finalize your divorce and what did you do after. I filed February 26th 2009 and still have yet to go to court... I thought in three months I would be done with him in that aspect. Do you ever find it difficult still?

Luckybear05

Asked by Luckybear05 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It only took 2 weeks to get my court date and finalize the divorce. That was with my first...the second would have took 4 weeks due to a child but we cancelled the hearing the day before and we are still together working it out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It took me two years until my divorce was finalized. My ex wouldn't file the paperwork. When I asked him about it he tried to blame it on my attorney. I thought after two year it was automatic but found out that wasn't the case in PA. After two year I could take it to court and go in front of a divorce master. Luckily the judge doing our custody case called him on it and the divorce was finalized within a month after
    angiewith2

Answer by angiewith2 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ugg thank you .. we both live in KS and have two children we are currently not fighting about.. its just i want to move on and get my things back. He has kept them (including my clothes) for the past 7 months.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• 9 months and counting! I hope he loses bowel control for the rest of his life!
    Anonymous