So frustrated I'm moving on Sunday and no help!!!!

I am moving from Queen creek to Maricopa on Sunday and no one will help us. How do I get people to help??

mommix4

Asked by mommix4 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wish you luck, It was my husband and I moving and we had no help. We moved to a second floor apartment. You can't "make" people help. I'm sorry. -_-
    Anonymous

• Dont call it moving, call it a moving "party" and feed everyone. It will be work but maybe less work than doing it all by yourself.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• College students will work for beer.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My husband and I moved on our own, except that we did hire some guys who had a pickup and did the heavy lifting. My sons get friends to help move by serving beer and pizza.

Answer by Bmat at 7:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Say please, offer beer and pizza after the job is finished.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• If you have had help in the past, but now can't get it, you need to ask yourself what the reason was.
    Did you do all the prepacking or did you expect others to do it? (Have everything possible in boxes so all that's to do is pack up what you used that morning!)
    Did you just direct, without doing much work?
    Did you feed your help? Give breaks?
    Did you lose your temper?
    Did you reciprocate when they were moving/needed a babysitter/help painting, etc?
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thank you for the good advice!!! Our usual moving helpers are family and most moved. I think people are sick of helping us move so often.lol The collage kids and beer is a good idea!! I made a mistake of giving beer the last time but I gave it to them while they were moving. Yea it took 15 hours and they broke my china hutch cause they were so plastered!! Thank you for taking the time to answer.

mommix4

Answer by mommix4 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2009