a mexican in america told me that americans are lazy

she said that mexicans use their dishwashers for drying racks, and wash all their dishes by hand.

is this just her.. i mean I know that it is not just a mexican thing. i have even done this. why did i feel this was slightly offensive?

i mean besides her telling me americans were lazy. she IS lazy herself! i wont get into it here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol i'm mexican and i use a dishwasher to wash and dry
    u should of told her to screw off ;D
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 6:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That's why we can hire them, so we can pay them next to nothing and be lazy.
    Anonymous

• wow mexains are just like us. SOME Of americans can b lazy, but AMERICA is one of the accomplished country so they cant say that. BUT i am in no what in response to racial participation i dont think it has anything to do with race i think some of them just as us americans can b lazy. and some americans are lazy. like they say were spoiled by fast food well i eat it so i cant say anything about it
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 7:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Seriously since when does how you wash your dishes make you lazy or not?
    I mean you wanna get rude like that I could tell you about the mexicans taht sit outside our apartment gate on the side walk all day and night. Then go dumpster diving.
    Anonymous

• Well alot of us are..Sorry..
    Anonymous

• That's hilarious Anon :04...and my knee-jerk response to her would be what Anon :59 said....

I don't think laziness or lack thereof is related to race...especially when related to washing dishes...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• She has a right to her opinion.

Answer by louise2 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I teach English as a second language so I have a class room full of foreigners every day. The whole world thinks we are lazy, burger eating, coke drinking fat asses. McDonalds is our ambassador. They think the reason all of our jobs go over seas is bc we are too lazy to work.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• They probably just can't figure out how to work the dishwashers, because they're in English. LMAO
    Anonymous

• i agree there are all kinds of lazy people and non lazy people everywhere
    i used to work with her, i witnessed how lazy she was on a daily basis, and she had made remarks to me a couple times about how much of a white girl i was, which i never knew why she said it... so i mentioned to my boss how it was uncalled for... i happened to be a minority there...and it was at a chiropractors office. and it all went downhill from there. he talked to her about it and they laughed about me behind my back... it never got better. she made $20 an hour as the receptionist and played bejeweled and was on myspace all day behind the computer. i made $11 an hour and worked my ass off massaging client after client, doing paperwork, filing, cleaning, putting up with the doctor's crap... anyways... i no longer work there... but saw a question about the dishwasher and remembered that. she pissed me off, im venting a couple years later. betrnow
    Anonymous