What is a good meal schedule for my 7 month old?

right now my 7 month old, who eats cereal, and baby food, eats every 3 hours. 8 am fruit and cereal, 11 am 6 oz bottle, 2 p.m. veggie and 6 oz. bottle, 5 p.m. 6 oz bottle, 8 veggie, fruit and cereal, 9 p.m. 6 oz bottle. I've been doing this schedule for the past 2 months and I like it because I work 10:15 am-7:00 p.m. and I can feed him both his big meals, but lately I feel like feeding him dinner and 8 p.m. is to late and he's having trouble making it through it. Now I want to put him on a schedule that will work better for him but I don't know how to change it and make everything work. I'd like to know what other moms feeding schedules are and what you guys think of how I can make it more convenient for my baby. Thanks your your input!

seairangel

Asked by seairangel at 6:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breakfast when you have breakfast, lunch when you have lunch, supper when you have supper. Bottles or snacks in between as needed around naps. You know what schedule you eventually want him on....put him on it now. Baby food is just practice anyway. If you really want him to start eating food for meals, then start offering him what you're eating in small bits.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the 1st answer, I have a 7 month old, and he prutty much eats when I do. If he sees me eating, he wants to eat. Other then that, just bottles throughout the day, and little snacks like banannas.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I work too. I work from 8-4:30 so my schedule is a little different. 7:30 breakfast waffle, oatmeal, and 5oz bottle (not alot of food, she is not a morning eater) 10:30 or 11 snack with 6oz bottle 1:30 or 2 snack and 6oz bottle, 4:30 or 5 dinner of pasta or veggies with cheese and a 5oz bottle, then a 6 or 7 oz bottle at bedtime which is 7pm. I have her on this schedule so I can spend the max time with her. I think it's ok that a baby is on your schedule. As long as your baby seems happy I think just being on a routine is best for any baby.

lubell1217

Answer by lubell1217 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2009