My Ds is weaning to soon! please help.

My DS will be 11 mos on the 25th. He is now only nursing 2 to 3 times a day and still REFUSES to eat table food. He will pick at cereal, eat a bite or two of baby food. That is it! I am really worried about him, his diaper count hasn't really gone down, his soft spot is still just fine. But my supply has REALLY dropped! I dont want him to wean yet, I was hoping for 18mos, but if he could just make it to a year! I REFUSE to give him formula and we DO NOT drink cow's milk! Please help me!

clovismommy25

Asked by clovismommy25 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD weaned at 11 months and I switched her to cow milk...if that's not an option, you could try soy? IDK...unfortunately, if he isn't interested, you really have no other option than to pump and give by sippy or bottle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• He won't let himself starve. Just keep offering!! Maybe he is taking a break from growing too! My firstborn grew all the time and then went through a period where he ate SO little (for him). He just wasn't growing. Also at 11 months my daughter started to not be interested in nursing. I think she liked the bottle and sippy cup. Anyway I didn't offer her anything to drink the next couple of days so she had to nurse. Since then I haven't had any problems (other than a low supply with my pregnancy).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My son weaned at about the same time... he was too busy getting into things to take time to eat.... and my supply took a hit even with me trying pumping and supplements to keep up my supply. I just kept having him BF as often as he would and used my frozen supply and also started some whole milk so he would get use to the new taste since he was going to need to drink something when I dried up.
    The only bonus was I didn't have to choose for him that it was time to be done, he did it on his own... and with the slow decline I never got engorged.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thank you ladies!! I offered him some rice milk earlier today, he only took a few sips, but that is better than nothing. I am offering every few hours, I am hoping it is just a strike, but if not, I will live, I wont force him to nurse when he is done.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2009