Christians ...what the bible says about non-believers? Part 3

Well, not really. I just wanted to restate that these are NOT my ideas! So for those of you who were asking me questions as if this was my opinion ...it is NOT.

here is the full statement
http://www.foxsongfiles.net/christian.html

I would appreciate a Christians thoughts on this point of view. Thank you.

Oh ...and this has been posted in a few different areas of CM as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Id have to disagree with you cinnomon-mom. The bible does note that God recognizes other Gods. The bible just happens to be one sided and tells only of God the fathers victories (in Egypt). And the bible mentions a number of ways to be "saved". MT 10:22, 24:13, MK 13:13 He that endures to the end will be saved.
    MK 16:16 He that believes and is baptized will be saved.
    JN 3:5 Only he that is born of water and Spirit will be saved.
    AC 16:31 He that believes on the Lord Jesus will be saved.
    AC 2:21 He that calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
    RO 10:9 He who confesses with his mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believes in his heart that God raised him from the dead will be saved.
    1JN 4:7 He who loves is born of God (and presumably will be saved.)
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• On one hand yes I agree that Wiccans should not be harrassed for their beliefs.

But I do disagree with the way this man interprets Scriptures. He totally takes Acts 17 out of context. God does not accept worship to the unknown God, as misguided worship of Himself. Paul was witnessing to them and hoping to draw them to the faith, in a really cool way.

This guy goes so far as to say, that it we are not saved by putting our faith in Jesus Christ. What Bible does he read!!! LOL. That is the ONLY way we are saved. "There is no other name given among men by which we must be saved." The Bible is very very very clear about that.

I wouldn't trust this man's teaching because he really really twists the basics; it seems that he really doesn't understand the basics or Christianity at all. No offense, but it is more of an opinion piece.

But if Christians are jerks to pagans they should apologize and repent.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You really shouldn't post it without giving a source.
    Anonymous

• Paul was a liar who changed everything to have followers
    Anonymous

• The bible does note that God recognizes other Gods ------------------------------ He recognizes other gods (little "g")----- the idols and graven images men create man. There ARE NO OTHER Gods (big "G"). God Himself stated, "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• And the bible mentions a number of ways to be "saved"
    -----------------
    And they all signify one way---through the acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross at Calvary. Jesus is the only Way, obedience is the only true worship. May the Eternal God bless you with a knowledge of Who He truly is.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• No, I am not about to take the opinion of a mangled book of mythology as true. Nor will I be concerned about what it says about ANYTHING!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009