I am nearing my due date and have no idea how I will pay my bills and I hardly have anything for my new baby, what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you talking about hospital bills or house bills and stuff? If you are talking about hospital bills call the billing number when you get your first bill and make arrangements with them. They will sometimes forgive part of what you owe. They are also more than happy to work out a payment plan. We have had to do that with all our kids. As far as baby stuff, babies really don't need that much! Clothes and diaprs - that's about it. Many have put their kids to sleep in a dresser drawer or box!! It doesn't really matter. Cloth diapers will save you the expensive of disposable, but you can get generic disposable if you would rather. Babies don't need name brand stuff! Call some churches and see if there are some ladies in the church who would donate clothing or check out a goodwill store.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Medicaid , foodstamps, WIC all those can help you !!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 7:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• apply for medical!!they can deny anyone that's pregnant! go to yard sale 2ND hand store to find some clothes for you baby they will grow so fast you don't need to buy them all new clothes! you can also look up churches that have programs to help you

Anonymous

• look for birth right, they help w clothes and stuff, not all new mind you. look also for healthy moms or any mom to be programs, they always point struggling moms to be in the direction of used clothing, furniture, ect. if you don't have these local agencies call 411 or lifeline for advice or knowledge of such agencies listings.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Not sure where you live or what the sex of the baby is... but im in nj and have tons of stuff if you need it. PM if I can help
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• forgot to mention...the clothes are girl clothes but I have some unisex items and toys
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• try freecycle.org and ask for what you need. Baby stuff seems to be listed quite often, at least in the area I am in. (;
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• go to justbetweenfriends.com and check them out
    kristinmj

Answer by kristinmj at 10:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• if your ok with used stuff there is craigslist.com i got my travel system 100 dollars cheaper than it is in the store in great condition. if you dont have money to buy stuff there is also a place on craigslist of free stuff you could look there and there are a couple other websights you could google maybe? i hope i was able to help. i am in the same position and im 38 weeks pregnant.
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009