HELP!!!!

My husband is wonderful and thoughtful and loves me a ton I know but we have a three week old baby and he has made it my job to get up with him everynight, I know he works all week but when he says that he will do it on the weekend and then just lays there when its the weekend I am about to scream. We also have a 5 year old (his step son) so I never get any time to sleep, I am so tired and when I say anything he just says oh ill help and then falls asleep and I have to get up anyways, what do I do. I feel so guilty getting mad but I'M SOOOOO tired and need some help!

seths_mommy

Asked by seths_mommy at 7:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell your husband that he HAS to help you.
    Mine does that all the time 'I'll get up the next time' then the time comes and he just grunts at me and won't move.
    If you kick him hard enough he will get up
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• kick him really hard!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I would make him agree to a fair schedule (like he does weekend nights or whatever) and then tell him that if he doesn't wake up on those nights you WILL be helping him wake up...that way he can't act confused or surprised about it.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my dh helps durng the weekends. not weekdays. unless am pumping na dthe bbay is ctying his eyes out. i do have to wake him up on the weekends
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Wake his ass up when he falls asleep and do not feel bad about it! I have a one month old and a 6 year old..my hubby works during the week and helps out when he can at night during the week...for the most part I leave him alone but on the weekend he does most of the work at night.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my husband was like this for awhile and he knew he was useless and horrible for about the first 6 weeks. It actually worked out really well that it was just me doing all the work. I got her on a terrific schedule and she was sleeping a good 6 hour stretch by around week 5ish (sleeping 12 hours by 3 months). Just hang in there, maybe you will get a huge apology like I did for him being so useless. Guess who gets to sleep in on the weekends that he does not have to work because of his "not helping" during the first 6 weeks...oh, thats me! He feels guilty about it so that is why he lets me sleep in. Just hang in there mama, and if it is getting to you really bad. Kick him hard, he will get up. Might make him angry but just remind him that you are angry as well.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• happymy fiance works AND goes to school full time. We alternate. I get up first, he gets up second and so on... sunday nights I solely get up with her, because he has to be up early, and the other day he was so sweet, he never woke me up once to get up with her, I asked him why and he said because I am always doing for her so he decided to give me a break!!

good luck

gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2009