• In the Spotlight:

Anyone know how bad it is to drink while you're trying to get pregnant and then find out that you are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Everything is new and fragile in the beginning. Any amount of alcohol can cause fetal alcohol syndrome or other birth defects. There is no known safe amount of alcohol. Every woman and every baby is different.

What is done is done. You cannot change it. Moving forward, make sure you get plenty of water and folic acid. Get vitamins right away. Drink plenty of water. Get used to peeing all the time. Eat as best as you can. Walk or exercise daily. Do it right from this point forward.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• if you drank before you found out you're safe, and so is baby! it's after the first 3 months of baby devoloping that alcohol has neg effects on baby!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Lady6280 is right. If you didnt know and its the beginning hten youre fine.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• it actually happened to me when I found out I was preggo with my daughter. We had went out a couple nights before and got really drunk. Then I found out I was 7 weeks pregnant. She is 3 and fine, except for her being a freshy pants!
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• y would u drink if u are trying to get pregnant?
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The problem with alcohol and pregnancy is the prolonged use of alcohol throughout the entire pregnancy. Obviously, if you know you are pregnant, you should not drink at all. But one or two isolated occasions will not cause any problems. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2009